How do you file an LTD insurance appeal?
Our video illustrates just a few examples of denial tactics used by insurance companies to deny long term disability insurance claims. Is there a way you can fight back? Yes – you can challenge the insurer’s claim denial through the disability appeals process.
But there is a catch.
The insurance company makes the process out to be a simple matter of writing an appeal letter explaining why you disagree with their decision of denial. The truth is, the appeal is where your case is won or lost.
How thoroughly you develop and present the LTD insurance appeal is no simple matter, especially with so much at stake. Which is why it is so important to have an experienced disability claims attorney take a look at your case, without delay.
Before you appeal the insurer’s decision, you must understand the laws that govern your disability policy.
- Does the policy provide short term and/or long term disability coverage?
- Is your LTD insurance appeal governed by ERISA law, as most workplace group disability plans are?
- Or, is your case controlled by your state’s insurance, contract and bad faith laws, as most private disability policies are?
- Is your disability plan a hybrid of sorts, or offered through a professional organization?
Pivotal differences exist in the law and procedures for the various types of disability insurance plans. For example, with ERISA-based policies, before you can file a lawsuit to win your benefits, you must exhaust all internal appeal procedures required by the insurance company. And that appeal is your last chance to submit evidence on your behalf.
For all denied LTD claims, deadlines must be met and the right legal strategies must be implemented.
A law practice that successfully handles administrative appeals and disability lawsuits every single day is the representation you need.
Steps to a Successful LTD Insurance Appeal
Our disability law firm regularly takes on the “Big Deniers” of benefits, such as Cigna, Mass Mutual, MetLife, Unum, Prudential and the rest. Whatever denial tactic the insurer employs, our attorneys have likely seen it before. We have the resources and experience to rebut each wrongful point of denial with solid medical and vocational evidence of your disabling condition.
Our LTD lawyers are here to help you
- Appeal your claim denial – every step, from start to finish.
- Meet the insurer’s appeal timelines and deadlines for documentation.
- Develop your LTD insurance appeal with critical medical records, doctor’s opinions, expert reports, employer’s statements, affidavits from witness and co-workers, vocational evidence, technical literature, photographs and all other supporting evidence for your claim
- Ensure the disability appeal presents the full facts of your case that will stand up against the insurance company in a court of law.
Your insurance carrier must understand that you have retained the legal might and resources to fight the denial, and are fully prepared to file a lawsuit if that becomes necessary.
Speak with an Experienced LTD Insurance Appeal Attorney
At Marc Whitehead & Associates, no case is too big or too small. When you reach out to us, you get the help you need when you need it.
Call us for a free case evaluation, so we may hear your story and assess your case. Allow us to explain your legal options and the best ways to move forward.
We will do all we can to make the LTD insurance appeal process as easy as possible for you. You pay no fees unless we win your case.