If you have problems with your disability claim under a Lincoln National policy, Marc Whitehead & Associates invite you to a free consultation with a disability lawyer. Our law firm serves disabled clients every day by holding major insurance companies like Lincoln National responsible when they wrongly deny valid claims for disability benefits.
Why Does Lincoln National Deny Valid Disability Claims?
Insurers can sometimes make things difficult for policyholders to receive benefits. Lincoln Financial may have denied your long term disability benefits based on the following reasons:
- Lack of examination: Lincoln Financial denied your disability in a “paper review” – without an in-person examination by a qualified physician;
- A selective review: Lincoln Financial performed an incomplete review of your medical records – they did not review the entire file;
- Lincoln did not consider your claim in light of your actual job duties; or, they did not properly classify your occupation resulting in a flawed vocational analysis;
- Lack of medical evidence: They said the medical documentation contained in your claim file does not support “disability” as defined by your policy (even though you may already be approved for Social Security Benefits);
- Once the definition of disability changes from own occupation to any occupation – usually after 24 months – Lincoln may claim you are no longer disabled and deny or terminate benefits;
- Denial based on video surveillance of you taking part in daily activities in such a light as to be conflicting with your disability.
How Do I Appeal a Lincoln National Disability Denial?
Lincoln National generally requires two appeals with denied claims. In other words, most claims have a two-step appeal process—so if your claim is denied on the first appeal you will have an opportunity to submit a second. In the event they have denied both appeals, your legal recourse is to file a lawsuit.
A characteristic of Lincoln claim reviews are that everything must be submitted with specific, written details. They use templates and form letters with which to retrieve information from claimants and their doctors; yet these forms may not specifically request certain information that is critical to your successful claim.
At Marc Whitehead & Associates, we know precisely what information Lincoln requires for a claim to be approved. We work closely with you and your physicians to develop the medical support necessary to properly document and support your claim.
Our national disability lawyers have successfully resolved disability claim denials with Lincoln Financial, either during the appeal stage, or by filing a lawsuit with the court. Let Marc Whitehead & Associates go to work for you and your family to have your disability benefits approved or reinstated, and get your life back to some normalcy.