Marc Whitehead & Associates represents Mutual of Omaha policyholders who have been wrongfully denied payment of long-term disability (LTD) benefits.
If this was your experience after filing a disability claim, our attorneys may be able to help.
Wherever you live, we encourage you to contact our law firm. We are a national law firm representing disabled individuals in Mutual of Omaha disability claims in all 50 states.
Mutual of Omaha – A Fortune 500 Company
An insurance provider with strong financial rankings, Mutual of Omaha has been selling financial and insurance products since 1909. Their disability insurance line includes short-term and long-term policies for:
Individual Disability Insurance – These are privately purchased policies from Mutual of Omaha that provide significant income protection in the event disability happens.
Disputes over the denial of individual or private disability coverage are normally conducted through traditional court proceedings as governed by state insurance law. Individual policies may allow for more damages to be recovered upon overturning a denial, than with group coverage.
Group Disability Insurance – These are employer-funded group disability policies sold by Mutual of Omaha.
Group coverage is generally governed by a federal law known as ERISA. Insurance denials regulated by ERISA must first undergo a legally tough and complex administrative appeals process, where the appeal is reviewed again by the insurance company.
Without an ERISA lawyer to represent them, most administrative appeals are denied, and most claimants do not file a lawsuit.
Mutual of Omaha also sells Voluntary Disability Insurance – Rather than an employer funding the disability coverage, employees pay the premium, generally through payroll deductions.
Learn more about choosing the right lawyer for your disability claim.
Has Mutual of Omaha denied your disability claim?
Mac Whitehead & Associates law firm is familiar with Mutual of Omaha’s claims handling process and methods. Our long term disability insurance attorneys can assist you with:
- Applications and all required documentation for disability benefits with Mutual of Omaha;
- Appeal Mutual of Omaha’s denial of LTD benefits;
- Challenge the wrongful termination of benefits by Mutual of Omaha;
- Provide experienced, skilled representation in ERISA claims;
- Develop critical evidence regarding medical, vocational and legal issues that can ultimately prove your case;
- Calculate your benefits accurately, considering all factors including other disability income and offsets such as Social Security Disability benefits or Workers Compensation;
- File a lawsuit against Mutual of Omaha and represent your case in Federal Court if necessary.
Denied Disability Benefits: a Common Practice
It has become routine business for many insurance companies to unreasonably deny disability claims, regardless of whether the claim is regulated by ERISA or state claims of bad faith.
Disability denial is often used as a scare tactic to pressure you to go back to work, or ultimately to discourage you enough so that you finally just drop the claim. Such denials or delay tactics may include
- repeated requests for more detailed records;
- insurer says they did not receive information from you or your doctor, when the information was actually sent;
- your disability was denied on the basis of a pre-existing condition;
- the insurer overrules your own doctors’ opinions and medical records with those gained through an Independent Evaluation by a medical reviewer they provide;
- technical arguments based on complex policy language
A denial letter sounds final, and attempts to deal with an insurance company can push a disabled individual to the brink of frustration.
Board certified disability attorney Marc Whitehead and his law firm can be of tremendous help in these cases.
Call Marc Whitehead after Delays or Denial of a Mutual of Omaha Disability Claim
Request a free consultation to see how strong representation from an experienced disability lawyer can help.
It is our goal to secure the maximum disability benefits for our clients. We will vigilantly fight for every penny you deserve, so you can begin to put your life back together.