Our law firm offers complete initial application and filing services for both individual LTD claims and group (ERISA) disability claims.
When you decide to file for your long term disability insurance benefits, it is understandable that you find yourself in need of assistance. Dealing with the insurance company, your employer and all of your physicians at once can be quite daunting to do alone.
We Will Help You File a Rock-Solid Long Term Disability Application
Your initial claim must be as strong and well-founded as possible. Our attorneys can protect your rights and help ensure that you do not fall prey to the traps and difficulties that abound in the application process.
Our disability insurance attorneys will take every measure to help you win your case early on and avoid denial in the first place. We charge a reasonable flat fee for initial LTD applications. We are prepared to help you now. 1-800-562-9830
What is at Stake When You File for Disability Benefits?
The long term disability application process begins with filling out forms – yet the initial application process is much more than that.
Your LTD application should include all documents, medical records, job descriptions and other data that you want the insurance company to consider when reviewing your application.
Additionally you want to provide a narrative description of your disability to humanize yourself and fully explain your situation.
However, the insurance company’s application for disability benefits does not allow for this. But, there is a better way! In our view, having your application handled by an experienced long term disability insurance attorney is absolutely critical to not only winning benefits initially, but keeping benefits into the future.
What is the Problem if You Complete the LTD Application Yourself?
A pro se (“do it yourself”) claimant may feel that they are able to file their application without assistance. The problem is that most applicants find that dealing with the long term disability insurance company is much more difficult that they initially imagined.
Industry statistics show that almost half of the disability applicants in the U.S. are either initially denied or have the benefits cutoff at some point. Even if benefits are initially granted, a poorly done initial application can lead to a discontinuation of benefits at certain important milestones in the future.
What is the Best Solution to Achieve Positive Results?
Each individual case requires careful consideration as to what documentation, medical records, timelines, and employment information is needed in order to file a complete and thorough application. This is why having an experienced attorney at your side is so crucial.
What are the Benefits of Having Marc Whitehead & Associates Handle Your Application?
- We analyze the structure of your policy to determine what needs to be proved and provide you with a written analysis of what your policy really covers.
- We analyze the Pre-Existing Condition provisions in the policy. The Affordable Care Act eliminated the Pre-Existing Condition exclusion only in health care claims, BUT NOT IN DISABILITY CLAIMS.
- We analyze what medical conditions are excluded or have limited benefits.
- If it is determined that the policy contains “Other” income offsets (deductions), we will advise you of strategies needed in order to avoid or reduce these benefit reductions.
- We understand the interaction between your short term & long term policies and help you avoid the “elimination period” trap.
- We determine if you should also file for Social Security Disability.
- The policy is also reviewed for how it defines Salary vs. Bonus and we will advise you regarding strategies for maximizing your monthly benefits and avoiding the “Bonus” benefit reduction.
- We also take great care to analyze the Total vs. Partial Disability provisions of your policy to develop strategies to best deal with this trap.
- We will advise you on the appropriate medical and vocational testing necessary to prove your benefit claim including helping you prove your Residual Functional Capacity (RFC) by providing you with RFC forms customized to your particular Disabling Injury or Disease.
- We draft your job description in a realistic way that maximizes your chance of winning benefits. This will include specific evidence such as travel necessary to your work, how many hours you worked in a given week, the physical requirements, the cognitive demands, and any risk of harm or relapse that working in your position may cause to you.
- We help you determine the best date to allege as the onset of your disability in order to avoid coverage and pre-existing condition problems.
- When we begin your long term disability application, we focus on your medical conditions and functional limitations that are not subject to limitations, exclusions or pre-existing limitation exclusions.
- We correct or neutralize any problems associated with vague or misleading questions in your application or activity log.
- We will always prepare you for the possibility of video surveillance and unannounced home visits.
- Finally, we file your complete application with persuasive legal arguments as to your disability, medical statements documenting your disability and all supporting documentation that bolsters your chance of winning benefits with the disability insurance company.
Contact Us for Assistance with Your Long Term Disability Application and Filing
Time is of the essence. In most cases you have a very limited time frame in which to file your application and it takes time to research your claim and create the ideal application for you.
Do not delay! Contact us or call 800-562-9830.