The days when qualifying for disability was straightforward are over. An excessive number of people with valid disabilities are repeatedly denied before getting their disability claim approved.
Today, disabled people across the nation are finding out that they need skilled legal representation throughout the claims process to (1) prove they are disabled and (2) prove that the disability keeps them from working.
Qualifying for Disability Benefits – Disabling Conditions
According to the Council for Disability Awareness (CDA),
- Musculoskeletal/connective tissue disorders continue to rank as the leading cause of disability. Claims under this category are the result of neck and back pain; as well as joint, muscle and tendon disorders.
- Cancer remains the second leading cause of new claims. It is the fourth leading cause of existing claims.
- Cardiovascular/circulatory problems such as heart, strokes and circulatory disorders are still the second leading cause of existing claims, yet have declined as a cause of new claims.
When qualifying for disability benefits, the odds can be stacked against you unless you have a seasoned disability attorney.
The flawed systems behind Social Security Disability and Veteran’s Disability seem to operate on the basis that the disabled person is guilty until proven innocent. Corrupt insurance companies resort to unfair tactics to avoid paying the money due to unwary policyholders.
The disability insurance attorneys of Marc Whitehead & Associates have successfully helped hundreds of individuals with long-term disabilities who have had their claim for disability compensation denied.
We represent people with all types of conditions which may qualify for disability, including:
Proving that a health problem is “disabling” depends on the condition. When qualifying for disability compensation, some impairments are more difficult to “prove” than others, such as chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. Such obstacles are enormously frustrating and devastating to individuals faced with these conditions.
We are acutely aware of these issues; therefore, thorough evidence and medical records must be prepared and skillfully presented as a key part of a claimant’s case.
Whether you are unsuccessful in qualifying for disability benefits through a private insurer or ERISA, or your claim for Social Security Disability or Veterans Disability was denied, we are your strongest advocates.
Our practice is dedicated to helping the disabled throughout the U.S. fight for and win their rightful benefits in all areas of disability.
- Marc Whitehead is Board Certified in Social Security Disability and SSI before the Social Security Administration.
- Our firm successfully wins disability claims against billion-dollar insurance companies for private long term disability policies.
- We are a respected force in the fight against denied ERISA claims involving long term disability benefits in the United States Federal Courts.
- Attorney Whitehead is an Accredited Veterans Claim Attorney with a proven track record before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
Ask a lawyer your questions about qualifying for disability.
Get help qualifying for disability benefits. Don’t give up – Stand up to those who denied your claim.
Do not delay. Several essential actions must occur to ensure that your rights to disability benefits will be properly grounded with proof of your disability, and that you are no longer able to work. We will help you throughout the appeals process, leaving nothing to chance.
Almost all private disability policies require you to apply for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) as a condition of receiving benefits under their policy. SSDI benefits are then deducted from the amount the private insurance company must pay. If you are applying for private disability benefits, we highly recommend that you immediately contact us during this complicated process.
Read more about qualifying for disability benefits in our Disability Questions and Answers.
Ask Us About Your Claim Today.
If you were denied long term disability benefits, Social Security Disability or Veterans’ Disability Compensation, we are prepared to help you now. 1-800-562-9830