Long term disability (LTD) insurance companies are corporations whose goal is profit. You purchased your LTD policy to provide you with crucial income in the event you become disabled. Yet insurance companies repeatedly deny legitimate claims, refusing to pay the benefits you paid for and deserve.
You can fight back when your insurer says no. A complete knowledge of long term disability laws is necessary to effectively pursue these types of claims.
Whether you have already been denied benefits, or are just now filing and need assistance with your initial disability application, Marc Whitehead & Associates will help you demonstrate to the court that you are in fact disabled under the terms of the policy, and seek a court order for regular payments. Additionally, we will help in the event your payments have been delayed or you have been under-compensated. If you have been fired or laid off, and intend to file a LTD claim, we can effectively help you in that area.
Nationwide Representation from Long Term Disability Insurance Claims Attorney
It has become common practice for insurance companies to systematically deny valid disability insurance claims as a means of containing costs and increasing profits.
Insurance companies that commonly issue disability policies are Unum, Aetna, Liberty Mutual, Provident Life and Accident Insurance, John Hancock, New York Life, MetLife, Prudential, Penn Mutual, and The Hartford, Cigna, Colonial Life Insurance Company, and Guardian Insurance among others.
We understand how LTD insurance works, and why insurers deny benefits. Our goal as disability claim attorneys is to protect you from abusive tactics by the insurance companies and recover all long term disability pay you are entitled to receive. If you were denied disability benefits, contact us right away. Becoming disabled can have a devastating financial impact by stripping you of your ability to make a living. When you file a claim to receive long term disability benefits – and your insurance company denies your claim – you need strong legal representation when appealing these claims.
What Will A Long Term Disability Insurance Claims Attorney Do For Me?
- Aid you in filing out all insurance company forms
- Evaluate your insurance claim and advise you on long term disability laws and your options
- Review your medical records and make suggestions for any additional testing required to prove your case
- Supplement your claim file with additional medical records
- Obtain medical reports and opinion evidence regarding your disability
- Consult with qualified Vocational Experts to get opinion evidence rebutting an insurance company’s denial
- Obtain and develop evidence regarding your “Residual Functional Capacity” that is the key to your disability claim
- File your administrative disability appeal when necessary, quickly and effectively Correctly calculate your benefits
- File a legal brief arguing the legal, medical and vocational issues in your case
- File a lawsuit in Federal Court if necessary
- Conduct discovery in the Federal Court case such as filing interrogatories and requests for production as needed as well as taking all necessary depositions
- Responding to Motions for Summary Judgment and trying your lawsuit
If you have been denied LTD benefits, you should not sign anything from the insurance company without first consulting with us.
We welcome your telephone call or the opportunity to speak with you in person to answer any questions you may have about your case without charge, no matter how long it takes. There is no obligation on your part whatsoever to hire us as your attorney.
Marc Whitehead & Associates represent individuals nationwide who are appealing private disability claim denial, filing initial applications for LTD benefits, and many other disability insurance matters.
If you choose to hire us to represent you in a disability insurance claim, the majority of our cases are handled on contingency fee – meaning we don’t get paid until you do.