Legal Help for Unum Claims Denial
Unum, a billion dollar insurance company, is one of the major providers of group short-term and long-term disability benefits, life insurance, and supplemental health insurance.
Unum is also one of the Top Deniers of these benefits.
According to the American Association for Justice (www.justice.org), Unum ranks as the 2nd worst insurer for consumers, only to be beaten out of the No.1 title by Allstate.
Unum claims denial cases are expertly handled by the long term disability insurance claims attorneys at Marc Whitehead & Associates. Call (800) 562-9830 today to learn more about the legal assistance provided to help you with your Unum claim.
Examples of Unum Claims Denial Tactics
Considering Unum has written some 17 million disability policies, they are responsible for systematically denying, stalling or terminating countless legitimate claims filed by their policy holders.
Some of the tactics and strategies behind Unum claim denials include:
- Using unqualified witnesses or alleged “experts” to supply biased opinions and otherwise inappropriately investigating claims
- Using surveillance, investigators, co-workers and other means in an attempt to discredit the disability
- Requiring the claimant to repeatedly submit to independent medical exams
- Making partial payments on a total disability claim, and otherwise low balling pay outs
- Implying that the disability is a pre-existing condition
- Misinterpreting medical records
- Misinterpreting the terms of the policy
- Making unauthorized changes to policies after a claim is filed, without the consent or knowledge of the policyholder
If you are a Unum policyholder and your claim has been denied, please consult Marc Whitehead & Associates.
Our attorneys have considerable experience appealing denied Unum claims, and know how to effectively deal with this insurance company. When litigation becomes necessary, our firm is respected for winning lawsuits on behalf of people with denied claims from Unum and other insurance providers.
We are aggressively prosecuting cases in which Unum has wrongly denied claims that should have been covered. Many of these group insurance policies are governed by a federal law called “ERISA.” Our ERISA claim attorneys have extensive experience with ERISA laws and litigation.
When we take on a case, it is because we believe in the merits of that case. We will work aggressively for you and support you every step of the way. In most cases, we work on a contingent fee basis, meaning our fees come from the payments we are able to recover for you.